A dollar saved is a dollar earned. As I continue to pursue my interest in S-REIT Investment through s-reitinvestmentblog.sg, I am also increasing aware of the amount of money which I will save through these credit cards.

Therefore, the purpose of this blog is to consolidate all these credit card offers or rebates which we will be using everyday. I hope that this blog can be a one-stop blog on credit card rebates so that you can use and save money.

Moreover, I am going to post all the major discounts and perks that I currently enjoy for only one purpose. When I need to find data, I know where to look for it all at one place. :-)

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

OCBC 360 - from 3.05% to 2.25% Account... Still the best for me

This post came from my other blog at Singapore Corporate Bonds and Preference Shares... Include Credit Cards so http://singaporecorporatebonds.blogspot.com/2015/05/ocbc-360-from-305-to-225-account-still.html

With a change in policy from OCBC this year, they tried to tie in more criteria to sell more products and generate more sales and at the same time, cushion the impact of unhappiness. Well, it looks like an increase but it is actually a decrease.

  • Salary Credit increases to 1.2% per annum
  • 3 GIRO dropped to 0.5% per annum
  • $500 Credit Spend dropped to 0.5% per annum
  • 1% more if you buy structured products, unit trusts or selected insurance (Selling more products here)
To me, the last criteria is not really important as they are trying to sell more products here. That leaves me with 2.25% which is still not too bad.

Thus, for every $10,000 savings in the account, we will earn $225 per year with $50 coming from minimum $500 spend per month ($6,000 per year) credit card spend.

Still the best in town, better than fixed deposits. Just glad that I have enjoyed the earlier 3.05%.

No comments:

Post a Comment