A dollar saved is a dollar earned. As I continue to pursue my interest in S-REIT Investment through s-reitinvestmentblog.sg, I am also increasing aware of the amount of money which I will save through these credit cards.

Therefore, the purpose of this blog is to consolidate all these credit card offers or rebates which we will be using everyday. I hope that this blog can be a one-stop blog on credit card rebates so that you can use and save money.

Moreover, I am going to post all the major discounts and perks that I currently enjoy for only one purpose. When I need to find data, I know where to look for it all at one place. :-)

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Money Saving Tips via Credit Cards: Money saved - For a Single (and available) person - Updates

Money Saving Tips via Credit Cards: Money saved - For a Single (and available) person



Recently, I have made a post about money saving tips for a single. Here I will do some updates on it so that he/she can reap more savings.



Apart from using OCBC 360 account which will give him about 2.05% of return in his savings, here are some credit card saving tips. Moreover, he can use OCBC 360 account to pay his credit card bills and that helps to accumulate to his "at least 3 internet banking transactions per month"



1) Transport => He spends about $80 on transport using his EZ Link card. Thus, I would recommend POSB Everyday Card which gives 2% rebate. It has "No Minimum Spend" which is excellent for him. Thus he saves about $19.20 per year (There is no top up charges for DBS and POSB credit card holders for Ezlink)



2) Telco (Singtel) => He happens to be using Singtel as his Telco and he spends about $34 on mobile bills. Thus, I would recommend UOB-Singtel Card which gives 1% rebate. It has "No Minimum Spend" which is excellent for him again. Thus he saves about $4.08 per year. What is more important is that he gets the privileges that UOB offers.



3) Others => Lastly, I would recommend that he gets a OCBC 365 card just for everything else. No particular reason except that he may get some rebates and possibly earn extra 1% in his/her OCBC 360 account.



Savings are not a lot. But the fact is that this friend of mine spends little as well so just trying my best to help. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment