A dollar saved is a dollar earned. As I continue to pursue my interest in S-REIT Investment through s-reitinvestmentblog.sg, I am also increasing aware of the amount of money which I will save through these credit cards.

Therefore, the purpose of this blog is to consolidate all these credit card offers or rebates which we will be using everyday. I hope that this blog can be a one-stop blog on credit card rebates so that you can use and save money.

Moreover, I am going to post all the major discounts and perks that I currently enjoy for only one purpose. When I need to find data, I know where to look for it all at one place. :-)

Monday, January 4, 2016

Reviewing my Credit Card Savings - Part One (Citibank Dividend Card)

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I made my last post on Citibank Dividend Card which is now my main card, taking most of my purchases to chalk up the $888 minimum every month. I am glad that I am able to do it at this point.

How do I do it? Well, here is my expenses and savings.

Supermarket Groceries
=> $250 per month in NTUC, $250 per month in Giant
=> $40 cash rebates

Petrol
=> $150 per month
=> $12 cash rebates

Dining
=> $200 per month
=> $16 cash rebates

Others (Singtel & S&CC)
=> About $220 per month
=> $0.55 cash rebate (miserly)

Total
=> $1,070 per month
=> $68 cash rebate

What do you think? :-)

2 comments:

  1. Can i ask how do you calculated your groceries cash bate to be $40?

    "You will receive cash back equivalent to 0.25% of the amount of the retail purchases, and you will receive cash back of up to 7.75% on all Petrol, Groceries and Dining transactions worldwide if you accumulate a total retail spend of S$888 or more in a statement month. Earning of 7.75% on Petrol, Grocery and Dining category will be capped at DIV S$25 per category per month."

    I calculate your $500 groceries spending at 0.25% to be $1.25 + Max DIV S$25 = Total $26.25 cash rebates per month assuming you have a min monthly spending of $880

    Please highlight if I have misunderstood the terms and conditions wrongly or if there is an error in my calculations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ed,

      Many thanks for pointing out the error. It is my mistake. I read the terms and conditions as "DIV S$25 per merchant" when it actually says "DIV $25 per category"

      I will need to redo my calculations. Many thanks!

      Happy Savings Together.

      Delete